Compass 23 Fluid HeadLow and lightweight for heavy payloads
- Compact, lightweight and cost effective.
- 3 selectable of fluid pan and tilt drag + 0.
- 4 selectable positions of counterbalance.
- Perfect for payloads to 4-14kg (8.8-30.9lbs).
- Fluid drag system with smooth start and soft stop technology & balanced diagonal transition.
- Slim in-line radial ring controls.
- Illuminated bubble level.
- Precise floating pan-tilt calliper locks ensure bounce free on-off performance.
- Quick release, 60mm balance travel camera plate with 1/4” + pin, 1/4” and 3/8” screws.
- Robust construction for rugged outdoor shooting conditions.
- Optional second pan handle mount.
- Side mounting point for viewfinders and accessories.
- 3 year warranty.
The Compass 23 Fluid head is an affordable choice for users with cameras that require a lightweight, compact 100mm fluid head for ENG and documentary productions with camera payloads up to 14kg (30.9lbs). The advanced precision fluid drag and counterbalance systems operated by slim in line radial ring controls result in quicker and easier set up.
With an extended 3+0 position fluid drag system employing smooth start and soft stop technology and 4 counterbalance settings plus 60mm camera plate balance travel, the Compass 23 offers a fast reliable set up you can trust and is versatile enough to use over a wide array of camera configurations. It is built to deliver consistent performance and drag resistance with no variation over a wide range of temperatures and environments.
Constructed of lightweight high-strength die-cast alloy and rigid composite polymers and featuring precision ball bearing supported pan and tilt movements, Compass 23 is extremely durable and robust delivering silky smooth pan-tilt fluid actions to match camera payloads up to 14kg (30.9Ibs).
Compass 23, is the head of choice for ENG and documentary users and will deliver great performance time after time. It meets the demands of inspiring storytellers and comes with the reliability and “THE RIGHT FEEL” that are the hallmarks of every Miller product.
Specification - Compass 23 Fluid Head
|Payload Range||4.0-14.0kg (8.8-30.9lbs)|
|Counterbalance Positions||4 selectable positions|
|Pan Tilt Drag||3 selectable fluiddrag positions + 0|
|Pan Tilt Locks||Positive lock calliper brake system|
|Tilt Range||+ 90°/ -75°|
|Camera Platform||Sliding camera plate|
|Sliding Range||60mm (2.4")|
|Mounting Base||Ø100mm (3.9") ball levelling|
|Height Above Bowl||153mm (6.0")|
|Illuminated Controls||Bubble level|
|Pan Handle||Fixed length 390mm (15.4")|
|Temperature Range||-40° to +65°C (-40° to +149°F)|
- Pan Handle Fixed With Clamp to suit AIR fluid head
- Offset Camera Plate to suit additional offset camera payloads
- Camera Plate Euro to suit Arrowx & 1210X with 1/4” & 3/8” screws
- Camera Plate to suit AIR, DS10, DS20, Compass and CompassX fluid heads
- Sliding Plate Assembly Mini Euro to suit CX & Compass fluid heads
- Camera Plate Mini Euro to suit 1206X with 1/4” & 3/8” screws
- Sliding Plate Assembly Euro to suit CX & Compass fluid heads
- Accessory Mounting Adaptor to suit all Miller Mounting Brackets
- Accessory Mounting Bracket to suit CX & Compass fluid heads