CX18 Fluid HeadPrecise control for heavier payloads
- Compact, powerful and precise.
- Affordable, Stable, Robust.
- Perfect for payloads to 0-16kg (35.2bs).
- 15+0 CB Plus selectable counterbalance positions.
- Ergonomically located CB Plus switch.
- 5+0 selectable positions of fluid pan and tilt drag.
- Positive selection radial ring controls.
- Illuminated bubble level.
- Precise floating pan-tilt calliper locks ensure bounce free on-off performance.
- Side loading, 60mm balance travel camera plate with 1/4” and 3/8” screws.
- Robust construction for rugged outdoor shooting conditions.
- Side mounting point for viewfinders and accessories.
- Optional second pan handle mount.
- 3 year warranty.
The new Compassx 18 (CX18) is the premium fluid head in the CompassX series. Designed for the creative professionals needing a stable, higher capacity solution, it is capable of balancing from a broadcast down to a DSLR camera, thanks to CB PlusTM technology and Miller’s precision fluid drag system.
The CX18 employs CB PlusTM technology providing 16 positions of counterbalance, 5+0 settings of Miller’s fluid pan and tilt drag with 60mm of camera plate travel, enabling you to match your camera configuration to any shot.
Constructed of lightweight high-strength die-cast alloy and tough composite polymers and featuring precision ball bearings Miller have combined robust engineering with silk smooth pan and tilt camera movements. Built for extreme conditions the CX18 performs consistently over a wide range of temperatures and environments giving you confidence when out on a shoot.
Powerful and precise, CX18 makes a great choice for applications such as news gathering, documentary, wildlife and filmmaking. The CX18 meets the demands for reliability and “THE RIGHT FEEL” that are hallmarks of Miller, enabling you to tell your story.
Specification - CX18 Fluid Head
|Payload Range||0-16kg (0-35.2lbs)|
|Counterbalance Positions||16 selectable positions (15+0)|
|Pan Tilt Drag||5 selectable fluid drag positions + 0|
|Pan Tilt Locks||Positive lock calliper brake system|
|Tilt Range||+ 90°/ -75°|
|Camera Platform||Quick release, side load camera plate|
|Sliding Range||60mm (2.4")|
|Mounting Base||Ø100mm (3.9”) ball levelling|
|Height Above Bowl||150mm (6.0")|
|Illuminated Controls||Bubble level|
|Pan Handle||Fixed length 390mm (15.4")|
|Temperature Range||-40° to +65°C (-40° to +149°F)|
- Offset Camera Plate to suit additional offset camera payloads
- Camera Plate Euro to suit Compass 25 and ArrowX
- Camera Plate Mini Euro to suit Compass 20 fluid heads
- Pan Handle Telescopic With Clamp to suit Skyline 70 fluid heads
- Accessory Mounting Adaptor to suit all Miller Mounting Brackets
- 1/4" Screw and Pin Carriage to suit all camera plate with 1/4" screw & pin carriage